Most real estate agents do not consider the power of networking as a way of increasing sales. However, the truth is that it is a powerful weapon in marketing a business. Face-to-face meetings build long-term business relationships.
Networking makes people aware of your agency and makes you reach a wider target of potential customers. As a real estate agent, networking might look a bit hard to you but its fruits are worthwhile. If you are new in the field of networking, you can follow the tips below to help you get started.
• Start By Attending Industry Events As a beginner, do some research on industry events and create contact with your friends. This way you will feel more comfortable and get a chance to learn from others who are networking as well. Attend at least two events per month, and pay close attention to how your peers introduce their businesses. It will help you adapt and acquire skills.
• Put on a Positive Attitude The right attitude is key to having a successful networking. Remember that networking supposed to be social. Therefore, you should forget all stress and be open minded, confident and positive. A positive attitude is all you need, and you are good to go.
• Portray Good Body Language Body language plays a big role in networking. Show your confidence by use of a smile, firm handshakes, and nodding the head in agreement. Avoid bad gestures like huddling in a corner with one or two people. Build rapport with everyone by being open and not shying away.
• Show Sincerity and Build Trust Show your sincerity and trust by showing interest in what your peers and prospects have to offer. Listen to everyone and assist them whenever you can. This will help you gain their total trust and trigger their willingness to do business with you.
• Do a Follow-up Once you have made your connections, it is advisable that you send an email or make a phone call as a way of following up especially if you make a promise to do so. The follow up should be done immediately so that you remain relevant and fresh in their minds.
• Keep In Touch With Your Clients Networking does not end when the event ends. No. it is something that takes place continuously. As a real estate agent, ensure that you have constant communication with your clients, as it will help you get more referrals than before. A happy and satisfied customer will result in a chain of referrals for you. Networking is not rocket science. All you need is a positive attitude and open mind, and everything else will fall into place.